Who can Apply?
- All full-time undergraduate students majoring and minoring in social sciences disciplines
- Highly recommend students to join the internship from Year 2 onwards as this is an advanced course
- Incoming Exchange students are not eligible to apply concerning their visa status
- Limited quota is offered to non-social sciences students as their free electives with conditions
Information for Non-FOSS Students
A more diverse student background can attract new Community Partners and afford our social sciences students a more integrated and interdisciplinary learning experience. Non-final year non-FOSS undergraduate students are welcome to apply for the 12-credit, non-paid internship programmes under the theme of either Social Innovation or Global Citizenship in summer.
Before applying our internship programmes, those interested non-FOSS students have to confirm that they can:
- Commit 2.5 months in Summer (early June to mid-August)
- Complete all academic deliverables
(Orientation, Written assignments, Project Presentation)
- Reserve 12 credits in the current academic year
Non-FOSS students will follow our formal application procedures in a gradual fashion as follows:
- Choose any internship course and placement opportunity in January through EL application system
- Faculty envisages the capacity to intake non-FOSS students
(priority given to 2nd major or minor in Social Sciences)
- EL Team contacts students on their expectations and understanding of the internship programme
- Community Partners screen intern applications and determine internship offers
Non-FOSS students will not be eligible to receive scholarships or subsidies from the Faculty.