The Faculty of Social Sciences welcomes students from its exchange partners to study with us for one semester or a full year.
Exchange students must:
- be officially nominated by coordinator of home institutions
- have completed at least two semesters of university level study by the time they start at HKU
- be in good academic standing (minimum “B” average grade)
- meet the minimum English proficiency requirement
How to Apply
Nominated students will be invited to submit application via the HKU Incoming Exchange Application System.
HKU Information Sheet 2023-2024
- List of courses available in the 2023-2024 academic year (for reference only)
- Exchange/Visiting Students should select 50% or more of the core courses offered by the Faculty, which are those with the prefixes GEOG, POLI, PSYC, SINO, SOCI, SOWK and JMSC.
- For some elective courses offered by other Faculties, students may seek approval upon their arrival at HKU.