Student-initiated Internships offers an additional pathway where students can initiate an internship opportunity for a local/ non-local organisation (Community Partner) which has not yet included in our network of Social Innovation and Global Citizenship (SIGC) internships.
- To encourage students to seek out a non-paid, off-campus internship that perfectly fits their interests and strengths
- To broaden existing internship opportunities by providing new internship opportunities which students are interested in while maintaining the academic integrity of the programme by completing various academic assignments throughout the entire programme
Requirements as Community Partner
The applicant should identify and have directly contacted a targeted organisation to confirm internship can provide:
- Students should make sure the proposed internship is NOT on the List of existing Community Partners. Please refer to previous Internship Week websites for reference.
- Please refer to Annual Timeline for the application period of each batch. No retrospective internships will be considered.
- Internship period and work pattern can be referred to this link. No applications will be considered out of the designated internship period.
Each applicant can propose only one Student-initiated Internship in each round of application under our formal application procedures as follows: