Dual Degree

Home  >  Dual Degree

HKU-Sciences Po Undergraduate Dual Degree

This 4-year undergraduate degree programme will give students two Bachelor’s degrees from two highly respected international universities – one from Europe – Sciences Po – and one from Asia – HKU. Students will spend the first two years in France and the third and fourth years in Hong Kong.

The learning experience at Sciences Po not only facilitates students’ understanding of, and builds bridges between, Asia and Europe, but also enhances their international exposures further with multinational companies.

Alumni Sharing - Maxime Prunier

(BSocSc + MA)

In collaboration with the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies Geneva (Geneva), the Faculty offers a concurrent degree “Bachelor of Social Sciences + Master of Arts*” to BSocSc students. Students will complete 3 years of study at HKU and apply to Geneva for admission to one of their designated MA programmes.

On admission, students will complete their HKU 4th year of study in Geneva by taking graduate-level courses at Geneva, the credits of which will be transferred back to the HKU BSocSc degree. After successfully completing their4th year of study in Geneva, students may obtain the BSocSc degree from HKU and stay on for an additional year to obtain an MA degree from Geneva. The learning experience at Geneva, which includes an optional internship in one of the 40 international organisations based in Geneva, will facilitate graduates to embark on careers in one of these organisations, such as UN Offices, WTO, and organisations in labour, telecommunications, human rights, HIV/AIDS, etc.

*Anthropology and Sociology or International Economics or International History or International Law or International Relations/Political Science or International Affairs or Development Studies

HKU-University of California, UC Berkeley

Students, upon successful completion of this 4-year undergraduate dual degree programme, will earn two Bachelor’s degrees – one from USA – – and one from Asia – HKU. By spending the first two years at HKU and the third and fourth years at UC Berkeley, students shall obtain a Bachelor of Social Sciences from HKU, and a Bachelor of Arts from UC Berkeley.

Students will complete most of the compulsory courses of the major at HKU. They will also have to take disciplinary electives, and/or to pursue a second major or minor, plus free electives, at UC Berkeley.