Guidelines for Poster Presentations
Poster presentation session will take place at the Lee Shau Kee Lecture Centre of the Centennial Campus at The University of Hong Kong on July 8, 2016. At least one author must stand by in front of his/her poster board during the session from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the day. He/she is expected to introduce his/her poster and answer questions. All posters will also be exhibited at HKU campus for two more weeks after the Conference.
The presenting author(s) must register as a participant by May 27, 2016. It will be assumed that the author not registered by this date has withdrawn from the programme and his/her abstract will not appear in the Conference Programme Book.
- All posters should be set up between 3:30 p.m. on July 7 and 12:30 p.m. on the day of the Conference.
- The poster board is 1 m/100 cm (width) x 2 m/200 cm (height).
- The poster size should be 90 cm (width) x 150 cm (height).
- Adhesive tapes will be available onsite for your use.
- The reference number of the poster should be the same as that provided for the abstract in the acceptance email.
- Hard copies of deliverables can be distributed to showcase together with the poster.
Poster Design Recommendations
- The poster should include the title of presentation, name of author(s) and illustrations like figures, tables, color photographs, charts etc.
- Illustrations should be readable from a distance of three feet or more away.
Suggested Specifications for Output
- In order to simplify the logistics procedure and ensure a smooth operation, HKU are delighted to offer optional printing service for accepted posters and mounting service on the Conference date. Details of file specifications and submission will be sent to the authors by email.
- It is assumed the author is responsible for printing and mounting their own poster in accordance with the above guidelines if we do not receive the poster file by a specified date.
- Suggested size in Photoshop format: Document size: 90 cm x 150 cm; dots per inches: 300 (Please merge as single layer before output)
- Suggested pixel in JPEG format: At least 4,000 pixel x 6,000 pixel