Two self-nourishing activities are designed for the conference participants, to be held from 1:30pm to 2:00pm on October 20 and October 21, 2016, with identical content on both days. No pre-enrollment would be needed and the seats will be filled in first-come, first-served basis.
Brain Gym Â®
Brain GymÂ® is a specific set of movements, processes, programs, materials and educational philosophy for empowering all ages to reclaim the joy of living. Â It recalls the movements naturally done during the first years of life when learning to coordinate the eyes, ears, hands and whole body. The Brain GymÂ® activities have been incorporated into many educational, sports, business, and seniors programs throughout the world because of its effectiveness in improving:
- Concentration and attention
- Academic performance
- Physical coordination
- Relationship and communication
- Organization skills
Lecture Hall II
300 people for each session.
Ms. Candy Chow
Licensed Brain Gym Â® Consultant
- Licensed Brain Gym Â® Instructor / Consultant (Educational Kinesiology Foundation)
- Licensed Optimal Brain Organization Instructor (Educational Kinesiology Foundation)
- Licensed Double Doodle Play Instructor (Educational Kinesiology Foundation)
- Licensed Vision Circles Instructor (Educational Kinesiology Foundation)
- Certified Baby Massage Instructor (International Association of Infant Massage)
- Rhythmic Movement Training International Consultant (RMTi)
- Licensed Movement Based Learning Instructor (MBL INC.)
- Professional Diploma Programme in Therapies for Childhood Developmental Problems (CUSCS)
- Assessor of DENVER II (DDST II)
- Instructor for Sensory Integration (APA)
Since 1995, Ms. Chow had provided consultancy for different sectors. With her experience and interest, she emphasized the importance of training for infants and preschool children, as she believes a good foundation in early years is important. She is now working for nursery, kindergarten, primary and secondary schools to provide training and school-based support, with a wide range of participants from students, parents and teachers.
Ms. Chow is also active in commercial sectors. She had conducted various workshop concerning team management, stress coping through Brain Gym Â®, enhancement of work efficiency and holistic health management, to clients including HSBC, Standard Chartered, AXA, Prudential, etc.
ZentangleÂ®, which was developed by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas in 2004, helps people create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It is a concrete form of mindful practice and put our attention on every stroke we deliberate. On top of the enjoying the satisfaction in creativity and art, the whole tangling process helps us stay focus and calm, experience the â€śpresenceâ€ť and â€śletting goâ€ť as well as enhance the sense of emotional and spiritual well-being.
CPD-LG.18 (October 20, 2016)
CPD-LG.34 (October 21, 2016)
60 people for each session
Mr. Henri Chan Chun-yiu
MSocSc (behavioral health), BSW(hons), Dip Photog, CZT. CDCP, RSW
Henri is a geriatric counselor working with elders for their body-mind-spiritual wellness, especially those with emotional disturbance. He is especially specialized in supporting dementia patients and their caregivers. Henri is also a zentangle artist and obtained certification in zentangle teaching from the United States. Henri integrates the body-mind-spirit approach in the zentangle method to promote calmness and spiritual growth in daily life. The Montessori principles are adopted in Henri’s zentangle workshop.